Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hot Hot Hot - Customised Political Rally

I stumbled upon an opposition party political rally today - my 1st time ever in my life - , and I stayed and I stood and I listened and I watched for 2 hours. The news paper called it a customised political rally by the Opposition Parties a.k.a. Alternative Front (Barisan Alternatif). I called it an interesting night with a bunch of neighbours listening to a bunch of political people that end well. Unfortunately I did not have my phone camera with me because of that stupid idiot (check previous blog) stole my phone.

It happens like this: My yoga class finished at 9.20pm and I went to a neighbourhood restaurant for a piece of tosai and a glass of tea. Nice tosai. While having the nice tosai, a 'legal' DVD seller came in with his 'legal' DVDs. Somehow 6 of his 'legal' DVDs became mine :)

After that two guys came in and passed a few pages of write up on PAS (Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party) and how the government been lying to us. I read it while having my tosai. After that I walked to the 99 grocery shop at the corner of the shop houses for a loaf of bread. I noticed a group of people standing on the side of the shop listening to a guy talking on a microphone. This was the customised political rally.

I stood there with 6 'legal' dvds and a loaf of bread in hands having 2 hours quality times with my neighbours listening to 3 political candidates of this area (Dr Mariah Mahmud, Dr A. Xavier Jayakumar and Shuhaimi Shafiei), and some others not so important political people, promoting their party manifests. First time for me to see political candidates close up and they waved at me and I waved back at them :). The selling point basically fairness to all races, low petrol price, free education, free medical benefit, less crime and a lot more. I was expecting more bitching of the current government and National Front's (Barisan National) candidates. I got less bitching, more promises. I also found out that the indelible ink that I planned to mark on my middle finger will not be used in this election. What a waste of RM2.4 millions and a disappointment to me and my middle finger.
While we were there a bunch of National Front's Gerak Gempur squad a.k.a. Mat Rempit passed by loudly on motorcycles a.k.a. Kapcai, waving their flags.

After that we were given a free short movies of the destruction of Kg Rimba Jaya, Shah Alam by the Selangor government and confessions from the ex prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir how he lied and cheated while he was in power. Correct correct correct clip also part of the show.

48 hours to go before the election this Saturday and I was thinking - Will I stumble upon National Front's political rally? Wait and see.

No comments: