Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Petrol Oh! Diesel Oh! Electricity

Officially the price of petrol, diesel and electricity when up 1 minute ago at the time I have started writing this blog. The price hikes for all those products will have impact to my life directly or indirectly. Directly are the petrol (from 1.92 to 2.70 - 40% hike) and electricity (18% hike) since I need them for my car and house. Indirectly the diesel price. Somehow I know I am at the loosing end.

On the way back from office last night I had to pass about 8 petrol stations and all of them overflowed with vehicles trying to get the last 'cheap petrol'. I could not join the fun because I just filled up the tank of my car yesterday morning and I don't think I want to add anger or headache on the list of bad things that happen today.

With the bad news, the government also announced a 'good' news. The good news was that private car owner with vehicle up to 2000 cc (I am in this category) will get RM625 annual cash rebate from fuel subsidy. The payment will be made by Money Order upon renewal of road tax. Fortunately my car road tax renewal is next month. Unfortunately I am still at the loosing end because the RM625 annual = RM52.08 a month. Why? With the hike I have to spend an additional RM48 a week = RM192 a month. I still need to top up my petrol monthly by at least RM139.92 a month. And I have yet to calculate the electricity..... Arrggghhhhhhh!!!!

I AM CRYING INSIDE..... Huuuuu Huuuu Huuuuu!!!!

Luckily I still have this picture to make me happy.


I can feel the smile cracking up now.

2 comments:

nan said...

I don't think a horse in the picture can help you on petrol problem, but the rider looks very nice...

pygmyNfriend said...

You wish :D