Sunday, September 30, 2007

Too Close For Comfort

I flew back to Bangkok tonight on Thai Airways' Boeing 777-200 plane.

Previously whenever I flew, I tend to sit at the tail end of the flight. I prefer the back seat as I read somewhere that by sitting at the end of the plane will provide higher chance of survival during plane crash. Sitting near the wings is also safe as that is the strongest section of a plane. Problem is that is also where the fuel tank is and with plane most of the time will blow up in flame during crash, sitting next to fuel tank not going to help with survival. Most people that survive plane crash will die from burn or smoke inhalation.

Recently I began to sit on the middle of the place because the plane usually seats the tour group people at the back of the plane. After a few awkward incidences with tour group people, I gave up my safest heaven in the plane and move up to the front. That was where I was when I flew tonight and when I looked out from the window, I saw...


The Roll Royce left engine of the plane and its make me a little petrified. Should I move back to the back of the plane on the next flight and face the tour group people? Or should I sit in front and face the engines? I have two weeks before my next trip to ponder on this point.

No comments: